Alias: Bert, Bertie
Title: "The Sweetest"
Info: Bertie is a 14 year old puggle who came to us from Longmont Human Society. She has diabetes and is completely blind, but certainly doesn't let that stop her from enjoying life to the fullest. She has been named the rescue's "sweetest dog", and it's a title she wears with pride. You can't be sad when Bertie is around.
Likes: food, butt scritches, head scritches, any scritches, hanging out with her canine siblings, hanging out with her human siblings, getting scritches at the vet.
Dislikes: nail trims.
Alias: The Old Man
Title: "The Grumpiest"
Info: Arthur is a 14.5 years old chihuahua. He lives with our vet Dr. Shannon, so he goes to work with her everyday to terrorize the staff (an activity he takes immense joy in). Except for Terry the office manager because he loves her more than life itself.
Likes: Terry the office manager, scaring hapless vet techs by barking very loudly, scaring hapless veterinarians by screaming very loudly, Gracie the poodle.
Dislikes: literally anyone other than Terry and Dr. Shannon.
Title: "The Happiest"
Info: Buddy, came into Adams County Animal Shelter as a 13.5 year old stray. He's the type of dog who is happy 80% of the time and ecstatic for the other 20%. He has a heart murmur so we try not to let him get too excited, but he does anyway.
Likes: everyone, everything, walks.
Dislikes: dog food.
Alias: Fen, Fin, Finny
Title: "Most Likely to Run into Things", "Best Dancer"
Info: A 13 year old poodle who came to us as a very neglected stray. She has made a full recovery and despite being blind and mostly deaf, she happily explores the world with a prance and gentle head bonks. She lives as a fospice dog with Sophiane and her mean little sister Thistle.
Likes: going to the park, tippy-taps, sleeping in front of fans, tearing into bags of kibble, sunbathing.
Dislikes: having her feet cleaned, being picked on by Thistle.
Alias: Grace, Gracie-Girl
Title: "The Medical Mystery"
Info: Gracie is about 13 years old and basically that "mom friend" that everyone needs in their lives. She loves hanging out with her kids, is gaining the quarantine-15, and is living life to the fullest. She's a bit of a medical mystery and that means she has to go into the vet every two weeks or so, which she's not a huge fan of but she puts up with it because she's just a great dog.
Likes: food, taking wagon rides, playing in ball pits, and sleeping.
Dislikes: car rides to the vet, car rides from the vet, walking into the vet's office.
Title: "The Prettiest"
Info: Mia is a 14 year old chihuahua mix with congestive heart failure and some liver issues. She is a shy but sweet personality who is a joy to have around. She is living happily with her fospice brother Herman and some very nice dog and cat siblings.
Likes: being dressed up, her mom.
Dislikes: the vet.
Title: "Most Wholesome"
Info: Sylvia, now 14, came to us still lactating after having a litter at 12 years old, with a suspicious nodule in her lungs. She's been with us for 2 years now and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. She's the top choice for a good cuddle, and has the most wholesome look of adoration.
Likes: kids, puppies, people, everyone.
Dislikes: most dog food.
Alias: This, Land Shark, Sharkie
Title: "Cutest and Meanest"
Info: Thistle, a 16 year old Chihuahua, came to us after First Gentleman Marlon Reis posted her on his page looking for a rescue to take her in. She was abandoned and neglected but settled into her home with Sophiane and Fennel quickly. Her health is on the mend and her personality is out in full force.
Likes: being mean to her sister Fennel, stepping on her mom's face during the night, sitting in laps, being carried around like a baby.
Dislikes: anyone near her food, anyone near their own food, anyone who accidently bumps into her (because they're blind and deaf, Thistle, don't pick on your sister she's helpless).
All of our dogs are permanent residents and not available for adoption.