How to Adopt
Interested in adopting a senior dog? Fill out and submit an adoption application! Whether one of our adoptable dogs catches your eye, or if you are still waiting for that perfect senior companion, the adoption application helps us find the dog most suited to your home!
- Fill out and submit an adoption application. Once received, we will review your application to make sure the dog have applied for is a good fit for you and your lifestyle. References will also be checked at this stage.
- Should your application be approved, a phone interview will be arranged, during which we will organize a meet-and-greet between you, your family (two-legged and four-legged), and the dog you are interested in. The meet-and-greet will be done in a neutral area to promote the best introduction possible.
- If the meet-and-greet goes well, a home check will be arranged.
- The dog is brought with us during the home check and, assuming all goes well, the dog will be left with you for a two week trial period. This trial allows you to see if the dog fits into your home before the adoption is finalized.
- After two weeks, your new family member becomes official!
Don't see the dog for you? Fill out an application anyways! Chances are, we will have a dog that would be a great fit for you. We have a long, long wait list of dogs waiting in shelters, and one may be your perfect companion!